Our networks are always changing and evolving, and mobile network performance testing is needed to identify several issues including login issues, missing product images, and purchase failures. Poor network connectivity can lead to connection errors, timeouts, result in abandoned sessions, missed revenue opportunities, and user churn. Therefore, backend monitoring for mobile network performance is crucial, be it for higher speeds, or better application, or network device performance, and application, or service deployment. So, now let us see Performance Testing in Mobile Networks and Best Practices along with Accurate 4G Tester, 4G LTE Tester, 4G Network Tester and VOLTE Testing tools & Equipment and Accurate LTE RF drive test tools in telecom & RF drive test software in telecom in detail.
Mobile network performance testing is the process of analysing and testing your network to identify bugs and performance issues, evaluate large network changes, and measure network performance. There are several benefits of network testing that include –
- Identify and resolve issues: Network testing can help identify the network related issues so that you can prevent downtime, reduce the risk of security breaches, and ensure that the network is operating at optimal levels.
- Optimize network performance: Any network performance related issues may cause to slowing down the network, hence, optimizing the network’s performance is required that will ensure that it is able to handle your organization’s data transfer needs.
- Ensure network security: Network performance testing can help you identify security vulnerabilities (such as open ports or weak passwords) in your network, that you can reduce the risk of a security breach.
- Improve user experience: The network’s performance monitoring ensure that you can improve the user experience for employees, customers, and other stakeholders. Optimizing network performance is useful for them who rely on the network to access applications and data.
- Save time and money: Network testing can help you identify performance related issues and make improvements more efficiently. By preventing downtime and improving performance, you can not only save time but also save money in the long run by avoiding the costs associated with lost productivity and revenue.
Here are best practices to perform testing in mobile networks.
Use a network testing tool: Network testing or to test a network with traditional approach requires a substantial amount of resources and manual effort, but network testing tool will do your job easier. RantCell is one of the best Network Performance Monitoring software or tool that monitors your complete network (QoE, QoS) from the end-user perspective, perform continuous network performance tests, measures key network metrics, etc. A network monitoring tool offers several benefits such as analyses network data in real-time, continuous monitoring capabilities, collect a wide range of data like performance metrics, network utilization, traffic patterns, traffic analysis capabilities.
Define your objectives for network testing: It is important to define the goals of the testing that helps to ensure the testing is focused and effective. Some of the key considerations when defining testing goals and requirements are identify the scope of the testing, define the testing objectives, establish success criteria, establish a testing schedule, and so on.
Collect performance data: This data should be collected by measuring key network metrics like Jitter, Packet loss, Latency, VoIP quality, Throughput, Network speed, etc. Testing these network metrics allow you to identify if any performance deprivation in your network, or a sign of network issue arising.
Troubleshoot network issues: Network performance testing for troubleshooting is one of the best practices to identify the cause, source, time, and location of network problems. RantCell can be used to use network troubleshooting tools which allow speed test, network device monitoring, speed tests and more.
Performing network testing is a critical element for the success of mobile network or any mobile application. Performance testing in mobile networks with above-mentioned practices can help you quickly identify the root cause of issues, prioritize them, and solve them with complete data. And RantCell is the most effective tools to meet such requirements conveniently at affordable price.